[time-nuts] Different Survey Results

Peter Krengel krengeldatec at gmx.de
Thu Aug 19 16:28:52 UTC 2010

Hello,

I'm new to the list and to the themes at all. I'm running a V3 Thunderbolt using the great Lady Heather Software (thanks for this).

Setting up the tbold for the first time I made a 48h survey.
To compare the results I also started a SirF III GPS using VisualGPS
software and after the 48h period I got totally different results.

Knowing my real geografic coordinates very well I saw that the tbold
obviously calculated wrong data.

So my questions to the group are:

1. For getting best disciplining results out of the tbold: Do I better
    put in the coordinates manualy or using the survey function?

2. Is it necessary to modify DAC and temperature settings using
    command line options (or using the heather) or does tbold work best with
    factory settings?

3. Is there any "How to.." pdf or book on the net which comes with more
    informations about the tbold experiences than the well known
    official pdf from 2003 ?

Thank you very much for help.

73 from germany
Peter Krengel