[time-nuts] (no subject)

Mark J. Blair nf6x at nf6x.net
Fri Aug 20 00:23:59 UTC 2010

On Aug 19, 2010, at 4:54 PM, Bob Camp wrote:
> Yup, the original question was "why a TBolt?"

I just joined time-nuts today, so please forgive me if I'm beating a dead horse. For me, the answer to "why a TBolt" was "it automatically calibrates itself against somebody else's well-maintained cesium beam oscillator that I didn't have to pay for", along with "(presumably) low phase-noise OCXO output", which interests me for radio-related applications. I might have chosen a different kind of reference for a different application.

I haven't fabricated a good excuse to want my own rubidium standard yet, but I'll keep working on that. :)

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x at nf6x.net>
Web page: http://www.nf6x.net/