[time-nuts] Antenna problems

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Sun Aug 22 13:31:02 UTC 2010

Hi

I am running a typical 30 ish db antenna and about 50 feet of TV satellite coax on my GPSDO farm. The feed line goes into an HP +/- 3 db 4 way splitter. That splitter feeds a set of four passive eight way splitters.

The coax and 8 way splitters dump at least 12 db before anything gets to a receiver. Everything from z3805's to TBolts show very good signal to noise. The TBolts run the same sort of +/- 2 ns others have reported seeing with Lady Heather.

I would not spend a fortune on a fancy antenna without trying a modern $30 (surplus) timing antenna  first.

Bob