[time-nuts] Slightly OT - GPS-Based Accurate Direction Finding

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Fri Aug 27 10:01:23 UTC 2010

[VOR vs DF]
> doh,, of course...

Brains are weird.  They often get stuck in the wrong mode.
Optical illusions are a good example.

When I first saw this thread, my reaction was "Try a sundial."

When I started typing in a response, I got flipped to the other mode and
couldn't figure out how that could possibly work if you didn't already know
which way was north.

Fortunately, before I poked SEND, my brain got flipped back to the right mode
and I fixed up the text I had typed in.