[time-nuts] Slightly OT - GPS-Based Accurate Direction Finding

Stanley Reynolds stanley_reynolds at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 27 14:10:39 UTC 2010

----- Original Message ----
From: Neville Michie <namichie at gmail.com>
<snip>
It seems strange, with all those satellites, whose position is known with such
accuracy,
that we can not get an accurate azimuth, but then we do not have a sighting
device to observe a referred object or satellites.
cheers, Neville Michie

If you have some experience installing DDS and FTA small TV dishes then it maybe
possible to get within a degree using them as a reference. The Ku band 1 meter
dish would be better than the small .5 meter / 18" dish. Has the advantage of
working on cloudy day when landmarks are not visible.

Stanley