[time-nuts] Source of Maxim/Dallas DS1620 rev D chips (was High resolution temperatur sensor ?)

Sylvain RICHARD sr75pro at free.fr
Mon Aug 30 07:43:55 UTC 2010

Le 29/08/2010 13:21, Peter Krengel wrote:
> Hi group
>
> watching tbolts disciplining it shows that is has a low resolution temperatur
> sensor only which can be replaced by a high res. one.
> Is there any document what typ it is and how to change it?
>
> Thank you
>
> regards
> Peter, DG4EK

Peter,

If the 'bay is your thing, go for item #110577237095. I bought a couple
from this French seller and they are rev D which unlike rev E are
supposed to work in the thunderbolt. That's because dallas/maxim changed
protocols for high resolution temperature readings while the thunderbolt
firmware was not updated. I haven't gotten around to do the mod yet but
it should be simple enough.

The seller wrapped them in alu foil plus some foam and cardboard.

Good luck,

--
Sylvain RICHARD