No subject

Sun Aug 8 02:10:20 UTC 2010

=20
I've learned many abstract things I'd never otherwise come across in this t=
hread on home-built masers.  I for one would like to see more mileage on th=
is topic although I'm not sure there's $25k in my "Xmas box" for the necess=
ary parts to build one !

Kit
VK2LL

>>>snip
The 5065A is showing occasional phase jumps on the order of 10-100 ps that
coincide with small spikes in the current drawn by the lamp exciter, and I'=
leaning towards blaming the silver-mica B-E feedback capacitor.  (It even
has the same designation in both instruments' service manuals, C2.)
Tom: this is why your BVA was appearing to jump when I measured it. :-P

-- john, KE5FX