[time-nuts] reference oscillator input circuit

Rick Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Wed Dec 8 17:37:02 UTC 2010

The document cited is full of plausible sounding but misleading
information, if you want really low jitter.  This type
of oversimplification of the problem was present when the
HP53131 series counters were designed, with the result that
the Allan deviation of an external 10 MHz reference is degraded
to only a part in 10^11 at 1 second.

Rick Karlquist