[time-nuts] Got 60HZ?

Bruce Griffiths bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz
Thu Dec 9 19:22:02 UTC 2010

If one actually requires a low phase noise/low jitter output using a
Schmitt trigger is not a good idea.
The effective threshold is modulated by the internal noise of the
schmitt trigger circuit itself.
This effect can be very significant with low phase noise sources and a
fast Schmitt trigger.
For noisy input signals the signal phase noise will modulate the phase
of the output signal.

Bruce