[time-nuts] 3586A HQ PDF Manual available -optimization-

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 18:24:29 UTC 2010

The best thing you can do after you scan a manual is run it through OCR.
If you have Acrobat then you have one of the best OCR systems around.
This dramatically improves the readabilty and crispness of the text and
at the same time makes the document much smaller and also it makes
it searchable.     It does require a bit of time because you have to check
the quality of the OCR.  But it mostly works well.  I'm working on a Heatkit
manual I have but is not yet available on-line.  It will be OCR'd.

--
=====
Chris Albertson