[time-nuts] TrueTime DC468 sat clock simulator is working well

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Sun Dec 12 00:44:56 UTC 2010

Hello to the group.
The GOES satellite simulator is packaged and working. The package is a card
board box. Good enough for the next week of the test run. I  have a business
trip so could not put it into a real box.
But the system syncs to GPS and then sets the DC468 after about 3 minutes.
The dc468 makes sure numbers of sentences are correct before displaying the
time. Then I resync on any hour ending in 2. Just a number I picked. You
could resync every 10 minutes if you wanted. It simply does not drift a lot
over 24 hours,
My plan is to let it burn in for the next week. If all is ok will have to
put documentation together and then find a home for the information to live
at. This will include the two programs that make it all work. The GOES
encoder and the 100 Hz clock generator.
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL