[time-nuts] FW: E5500 phase noise test set

Clive Green cgreen at quartzlock.com
Wed Dec 15 12:03:09 UTC 2010

Subject: Fw: E5500 phase noise test set

    I have recently started to put together a used E5500B phase noise test
set.

    I have bought the main unit, the 70420A test set, from the USA and have
got this to work with an GPIB card. I have also bought a used PCI-20428W-1
digitizer card which the system recognises OK. My problem is that the card
needs an adapter from the 50 way connector on the card to 2 SMA coaxial
connectors which go to the test set. There is a picture of this in the
installation manual which I have attached. Attempts to get information on
this from Agilent have completely failed as they no longer use the
PCI-20428W card, and the adapter is long since obsolete.

 If is has the adapter, does someone have photos of the inside of it, and/or
perhaps trace  the connections between the SMA connectors and the card
connector. Once I have this information, I am sure I can make another
adapter.

Clive  G3OPX/MM (soon)

cgreen at quartzlock.com