[time-nuts] LORAN C antenna thoughts from the group

J. Forster jfor at quik.com
Tue Dec 21 20:11:40 UTC 2010

I was more interested in reducing the BW, rather than increasing it.

Years ago, I bought up some of the resuidual of Appelco, a New Hampshire
LORAN company that made units for Raytheon. Included were a bunch of
active tunable filters, designed to "tune out" interference. However,
there is no documentation.

I was just toying with the idea that a good shielded (possibly active)
loop, the tunable filters, and an Austron 2100F might still be usable on
the east coast.

FWIW,

-John