[time-nuts] LORAN C is good again tonight 90070

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 01:41:16 UTC 2010

OK getting a bit more information I can acquire and track the 90070 chain in
the North East US.
First settle occurred at 1900 local and tracking at 2000. Austron terms. The
2100f seems to grab the signal quickly the 2100 seems to have a far harder
time. Signal strength is 80 db and noise is 1200. I have not tried the
Austron 2000c yet or the SRS FS700 yet. Still using a preamplified whip.
Good news is that GPS is rolling down nicely. Currently -2.8 e10. Given
numbers of hours think it will do better.
Thus making Europe a viable LORAN C frequency reference. Kind of amazing
actually considering it must be 3000 miles and only skywave.
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL