[time-nuts] RADAR

Nic McLean mcleannb at bigpond.com
Thu Dec 23 01:33:26 UTC 2010

I am currently reading "Technical and Military Imperatives. A Radar History
of World War II" by Louis Brown and think it is one of the most balanced
work on the subject around. It looks at the English, American, German and
Japaneese contribution. Is seems many groups were working on the same thing
but because it was kept so secret they didn't gain from the other's
research.
Best 73's
Nic
VK2KXN / VK5ZAT
Hm, I suspect, Rob, much though it might distress national pride, that RADAR
a la WWII has probably to qualify as an Anglo American product.

The Cousins did, after all, send us those nice klystrons they managed to get
up and running. Would've been a bugger to do it without those.

Mind you, there was quite a bit done by a number of countries in getting the
idea, basic tech and proof of concept going before long before that.

Do like those old HOME CHAIN towers you see spotted around here and there,
though.

Anyone else have anything to add to this?

    Lee