[time-nuts] Info Needed on MOT KX1516AA VC-TCXO

Joe McElvenney ximac at btinternet.com
Mon Feb 1 14:09:06 UTC 2010

Hi,

I have some Motorola K1516AA, 10MHz, VC-TXCO devices (date-coded 1988)
but with only a basic pin-out diagram to their name and am wondering if
anyone knows a little more about them. Specifically I'm concerned with
the apparent high output-Z which means that a sniff of 'C' or a tad of
Unless they were made for a very specific purpose, this characteristic
would seem to me as pointless. Also, by measurement and experimentation,
I'm fairly sure that they don't use an open collector or emitter
follower output port. They may work as a current source but I haven't
gone that route as yet.

TIA - Joe G3LLV