[time-nuts] Zero dead time and average frequency estimation

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Mon Feb 1 18:29:01 UTC 2010

Magnus,

I see there are other versions of the Rubiola paper:
<http://www.femto-st.fr/~rubiola/pdf-articles/archives/2004-arxiv-0411227v2-counters.pdf>
<http://www.femto-st.fr/~rubiola/pdf-articles/journal/2005rsi-hi-res-freq-counters.pdf>
<http://www.femto-st.fr/~rubiola/pdf-articles/conference/2005-ifcs-counters.pdf>

And here is a slide presentation:
<http://www.femto-st.fr/~rubiola/pdf-slides/2008T-femto-counters.pdf>

Actually, all of Enrico's papers are a good read:
http://www.femto-st.fr/~rubiola/indexx-publications.html
http://www.femto-st.fr/~rubiola/indexx-oscillator-noise.html
http://www.femto-st.fr/~rubiola/

There's also a bunch of phase noise papers that would be of
interest to those of you working on Dual Mixer Time Difference
(DMTD) implementations.

>> In particular, there is one paper that corrects some mistakes of
>> Rubiola, Australian if I remember correctly.
> Yes, the paper by Dawkins, McFerran and Luiten:
> http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/Xplore/login.jsp?url=http...

Bruce, thanks for that link. Time to renew my IEEE subscription...

/tvb