[time-nuts] Strange event on my Z3805A [REVISED to correct links]

Steve Rooke sar10538 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 02:00:50 UTC 2010

On 2 February 2010 11:11, Matt Osborn <kc0ukk at msosborn.com> wrote:
> I've seen similar results when the receiver switches satellites.
> Multipath??

It does that all the time as sats come in and out of view but I've
never seen an event of this magnitude before. If you look at the trace
for the preceeding 36h you can see peaks where the unit switches stats
but those peaks are decades less than this peak.

I also see that the EFC voltage changes very significantly, is this
perhaps one of the infamous crystal jumps we have spoken about I
wonder. The area of interest is that it appears somewhat unstable
after the event but is improving now.

Multipath, I don't think so as nothing has changed here and I live in
an urban area well outside the city. Nothing has been errected or
changed as far as I can see.

Cheers,
Steve

--
Steve Rooke - ZL3TUV & G8KVD
A man with one clock knows what time it is;