[time-nuts] R: Re: EFRATOM LPRO-101

iovane at inwind.it iovane at inwind.it
Tue Feb 2 21:57:14 UTC 2010

I had exactly the same symptom on one of my units: a comparator circuit fails
to detect the passing
of the sweept voltage over the upper treshold of about 12.5V. The problem was
R215 on the bottom face of the pcb, 100K.
Sometimes it is not a matter of budget, at least in my case, and trying to fix
a faulty device may have the taste of a challenge.
Please check that resistor, and let me know.
(a secondary check before checking R215: after warm-up, say 5 minutes, try
interrupting the power supply for an instant:
this forces the unit to restart sweeping the voltage, and, being warm, it
could happen to lock before reaching the 12.5V treshold).

Antonio I8IOV