[time-nuts] Measuring frequency difference

John Green wpxs472 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 16:25:19 UTC 2010

Raj wrote:
I must again check with a newer GPS for better coordinate accuracy.
Initially only two SV's lit green, after I set the co-ordinates then all are
green. Now the 10MHz is jumping between <0.1 >0.00 ppb. comparing
with a a FE5680.
I understand that is mostly due to using the default settings on the TBOLT.
There are several here who have devoted much time and energy to the fine art
of TBOLT manipulation. I decided against trying to use the TBOLT for timing
and dedicated it to be a frequency reference for a Ham repeater where it has
performed very well. Closer to its original use. If you want to use it as a
frequency standard for setting Rubidiums and OCXOs, it should be OK as those
time jumps will average out over the long term anyway.