[time-nuts] Low phase noise VCO

Lux, Jim (337C) james.p.lux at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Feb 10 00:18:32 UTC 2010

But you don't need to move very much.. A VCTCXO or VCXO might be the ticket for you.  A lot of TCXOs have a "trim" input that might be usable.  Check the Mouser or DigiKey catalogs.

How good does the performance need to be (outside the loop... I assume inside the loop it's disciplined by your 10 MHz reference)  A FOX924E has a voltage input and is available as a 16MHz unit (which could be x4 to your 64)

Have you considered a straight multiply/add type scheme?  Multiply 10 to 60, divide 10 to 1, quadruple to 4, mix 4 with the 60 to get 64. (or some other combination of convenient frequencies..)

So my question is, what type of oscillator would you