[time-nuts] any WWV audio recordings available?

Scott Burris slburris at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 00:08:55 UTC 2010

Well, I just had a very odd experience today.  I put the clock back in
service, but forgot to attach either the long wire antenna
or the extensible whip antenna.  After a few minutes on 15Mhz in the
middle of the day, it picked up the time!

Attaching either the wire antenna or the whip made the signal stronger,
but brought in a *lot* more noise.
Maybe I have a local source of noise and the antennas have been making
it worse?  I'm shocked that it picked up
anything with no antenna.  I'm about 800 mi southwest of Fort Collins.

The Heathkit GC-1000 listens continuously.

Scott