[time-nuts] Hands on digital clock

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Wed Feb 17 00:25:07 UTC 2010

> It seems to me there is a way to make the segments folding so they
> could be  changed without removing and inserting boards.  Kind of like
> a folding  ruler.  I'll have to do some experiments with scraps of
> wood in my shop.  On  a smaller scale of course.

Several years ago, I walked by one of the solar powered radar sets that shows
you your speed on a pair of big 7 segment displays.  It was clicking as the
displayed speed changed so I stopped to look at it.

The segments rotate about the long axis.

So think of flipping the ruler segments over rather than folding them.