[time-nuts] Fluke1 Monitor

Bob Camp lists at cq.nu
Wed Feb 17 12:49:10 UTC 2010

Hi

RS-232 inputs and outputs *should* be safe when connected to a + or - 12 supply. Often there's some fine print about "external resistance required" down at the bottom of the spec sheet. The print if small enough that the resistors may or may not make it into the final design. Of course there are chips that don't need the resistors ....

Bob