[time-nuts] 5370A upgraded to 5370B ?

iovane at inwind.it iovane at inwind.it
Mon Feb 22 20:05:54 UTC 2010

Last week I bought a very clean 5370B, in near new condition (missing OCXO but
I have a spare one).
It has a HP tag on the top edge of the rear frame, under the top cover, which
says:
Date 12 09 97  5370A to 5370B  by 28457
The serial number is 2116A01177. The front panel template is marked 5370B.
I understand that it was a 5370A factory upgraded to B, and I'm wondering if
such an upgrade might have
been requested by the customer (Digital in the case) and why, or the item was
a resurfaced old stock, just
sold after the upgrade.
Any idea?

com>