[time-nuts] Primary Standards...

Arthur Dent golgarfrincham at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 24 00:44:37 UTC 2010

“If you wish to converse with me, define your terms.” -Voltaire

Part of the problem is the multiple meanings of the word "primary".
In the 'normal' world, primary can mean main, as in my primary mode
of transportation. In the world of time it is pretty much defined
as not needing to be adjusted to agree with another standard, the
accuracy of a primary standard being pretty much an intrinsic
characteristic of that standard of time (or frequency).

So to clarify it, my primary standard is a secondary standard. ;-).