[time-nuts] Phase Noise of 74AC gates

gonzo . cadbloke at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 26 14:38:49 UTC 2010

I've been following the discussion of the noise introduced by 74AC gates with some interest.
In an attempt to achieve a clean transition, I've been using gates from http://potatosemi.com/
Lacking the test equip. to verify the results, I've been taking the claimed specs at face value.
I must admit that by TN thread standards, my needs are quite modest, but I don't see why I should compromise based on need!
Has anyone had a look at the output of these to see if they are an improvement over 74AC

Potato also do a range of Clock Buffer/Fanout drivers (GHz+), but don't seem make any claims about isolation or crosstalk.

Has anyone put these on the bench and measured real performance?

View photos of singles in your area! Browse profiles for FREE