[time-nuts] Motorola UT+ Oncore Timing GPS

Christian Riesch christian at riesch.at
Fri Feb 26 19:49:23 UTC 2010

Hi all,
in the time-nuts archive I found this very helpful post about Motorola's
old UT+ Timing receivers:

http://www.febo.com/pipermail/time-nuts/2006-April/020639.html

The attachment of the message states that there was a "Date extension
modification to allow use beyond 20 years" between firmware version 2.2
and version 3.0. My UT+ user guide states that the year in date-related
commands ranges from 1998 to 2016.

So does this mean I can use the R5122U1111 and R5112U1112 only up to
2016, but the R5122U1114 and R5122U1115 also after 2016? Has anybody
more information about this? I guess there is also a limit for the newer
firmware versions, has anybody got an updated manual for the UT+
including the specifications of newer firmware versions? Are there still
possibilities to upgrade the firmware of such old receivers?

Thanks, Christian