[time-nuts] Achieving maximum performance when driving 5370A/B inputs

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 28 03:54:31 UTC 2010

Bob Camp wrote:
> Hi
>
> Sure never seen any of them on any gear in my junk pile.
>
> I also never seen a customer ask for them as an output connector on an oscillator. I wonder how common they actually are.
>
> Bob
>

> On Feb 27, 2010, at 9:59 PM, Bruce Griffiths wrote:
>
>> Actually there are miniature twinax style connectors, for example:
>> http://www.amphenolrf.com/products/twinbnc.asp?N=0&sid=4B8860805409E17F& <http://www.amphenolrf.com/products/twinbnc.asp?N=0&sid=4B8860805409E17F&>
>>
>> Bruce
>>
>> Bob Camp wrote:

There's a variety of these kind of things.  You see them in
MIL-STD-1553B systems, among others. Triax is also fairly common as a
connector for "shielded twisted pair".  There are also twisted pair
inserts for the DB-25 sized shell (actually a quad pair with 4 inserts).

The one that has one pin and one socket on each side is a much better
strategy than the one that has 2 pins on one connector and 2 sockets on
the other.