[time-nuts] Tektronix TM500 Series Help

Don @ True-Cal True-Cal at swbell.net
Mon Jan 4 00:04:58 UTC 2010

Thanks everyone for some good information. Here is what I know for sure from testing, observation and more searching.

1) The devices in any of my TM mainframes are NOT Darlingtons.
2) The actual Q12 device in my TM501 is stamped SJE924 (Tek PN 151-0349-00)

These two facts seem contradictory with copied Motorola Data Sheet info but I going with what I see in front of me.

3) Another source also cross referenced the MJE2801 as a substitute for the SJE924 (NPN) and a MJE2901 for the SJE925 (PNP).

These substitutes will be my next try but I don't have either one so will have to order them. I still don't know why the MJE3055 didn't work as it is not that different from the MJE2801 in this application.

The substitute MJE... devices come as TO-220 (BCE) with "T" suffix as in MJE2x01T. This is the more common and readily available version. If I can't find a good source for the TO-127 MJE2801 (ECB) version, I will have to mount it upside down.

Regards...
Don