[time-nuts] thunderbolts not seeing satellites

bg at lysator.liu.se bg at lysator.liu.se
Mon Jan 4 13:58:36 UTC 2010

Hi Jamie,

Your setup looks fine. Is this your Lucent antenna?

    http://picasaweb.google.com/nhbbobb/20091115

It has less gain - some 10dB - than the HP/Agilent/Symmetricom branded
58532A. But the Lucent should work with the good coax and short cables
your setup has.

   http://www.symmetricom.com/media/files/downloads/product-datasheets/ds-58532a.pdf

I have run Tbolts behind 4 and 8-port L1-splitters (58536A and 58517A) as
well as 2 and 4 ports L1/L2 splitters from GPS networking with no problem.

What kind of GPS is the still working receiver you have? What kind of SNR
does it see for high elevation satellites? Is this the same as previously
when the Tbolts were still working?

While its unlikely, good antennas has broken down gradualy in the past.
Sometimes birds "helps" the outside weather gods getting a little crack to
let moisture inside the antenna.

Do you have another antenna to test with?

Good luck!

--

   Björn