[time-nuts] Loran C D-Day

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 14:07:49 UTC 2010

When I was digging around I ran across a Canadian LORAN site equal to the
USCG and they have already signed off on shut down. Erurope will be fine for
quite a while like 10 years.
It seems crazy as this thought is, that they want a backup to GPS.
I have occasionally locked on to the European chains from the east coast.
But that said because its a skywave signal its stability is far less then
the US chains I use.
Regards

On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 7:34 AM, <asmagal at fc.up.pt> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> How about the European chains?
> If I understand correctly they will stand up. But who is the central
> control in Europe?
>
> Happy New Year (at least, after the sad news...)
>
> Antonio
> CT1TE
>

> Quoting David McGaw <david at endor.com>:
>
>  Does anyone have any insight as to how this affects the Canadian
>> chains?  For those of us in the northern US, they may still be useable.
>>  It will be a shame to lose Nantucket and Seneca.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> David in NH
>>
>> At 03:40 PM 1/3/2010, you wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Gang;
>>> Tomorrow is the beginning of the count down for Loran C  termination,
>>> let's see how long it takes for the gov't to act on  this one. I have my
>>> receivers running.
>>> That's change we can believe in!
>>> Regards;
>>> Rich