[time-nuts] Newbie questions

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Wed Jan 6 07:55:33 UTC 2010

zygo at dakotacom.net said:
> 4.  Does anyone know a way to force the 5335A counter to display
> another decimal place in frequency measurements?  I am getting to
> 0.001 Hz by using the "mean of 100 counts" function on the counter,
> but I think the counter has at least one more digit available which I
> would like to use when accuracy justifies it (e.g. when using the
> TBolt as an external time source).

I've never used a 5335 but I have a 5334.

How many digits are there on the display?  How many of them are you getting?

With the 5334, you can get a few more digits by running for 100 seconds but
you can only see them via GPIB.

In case you haven't noticed, many people on this list are happy with the
Prologix GPIB/USB gadget.