[time-nuts] HP 5245L counter circa 1967 humor

Bob Camp lists at cq.nu
Sat Jan 9 15:00:05 UTC 2010

Hi

Back in the 60's and early 70's  it was fairly common to wave solder a board and then saw off the "extra" leads hanging through the pc board. The result was that the core of the lead is exposed to the air. Just about all the leads on components of the era have enough iron in them to rust.

As a controlled experiment a couple hundred brand new GE Master Pro's were put under water for a week back in 1971. My boss at the time decided that he'd put them back to work. Boy did we learn a lot about hollowed out leads ....

Bob