[time-nuts] AVAR calculation

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Tue Jan 12 02:52:32 UTC 2010

> That data represents a beat note between two optical frequencies: Nd:YAG
> laser stabilized to hyperfine transitions of molecular iodine and
> optical frequency comb that is phase locked to the SRS FS-725 rubidium
> standard. And it seems that AVAR of this measurement is lower than
> values for FS-725;

Which values of the FS-725 are you referring to?

I'm pretty sure the FS-725 has a PRS10 Rb in it. If so, have
a quick look at these PRS10 performance plots:
http://www.leapsecond.com/museum/prs10/

In particular, the ADEV of your data (pomiar61-frep.txt) which
I attached in a previous posting (pomiar61-adev.gif) looks
almost exactly like the ADEV of the PRS10 that I measured:

http://www.leapsecond.com/museum/prs10/1sigma2.gif

/tvb