[time-nuts] Analog Devices precision voltage source

Michael Baker mpb45 at clanbaker.org
Wed Jan 13 03:03:55 UTC 2010

Hello, TimeNutters--

I used the Analog Devices AD588 chip

 > http://www.analog.com/static/imported-files/data_sheets/AD588.pdf <

to build a precision current reference for an older
model HP-628B clamp-on current meter.

I used the precision 10VDC to feed a 0.1% 1K resister for
a 10mA reference.  I brought a loop of wire in series
with the 10K resistor out to the front panel for access
by the probe.  The meter's full-scale meter ranges are:
1mA -  3mA - 10mA - 30mA - 100mA - 300mA - 1A - 10A

The HP628B clamp-on current meter has been a very useful
item on my work bench and the precision 10mA current reference
to check the meter calibration has been very handy.

Mike Baker