[time-nuts] GPSDO Design

John Foege john.foege at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 14:08:07 UTC 2010

I should point out that I was planning on using a passive loop filter
after the 4096 phase comparator with a long time constant and then
simply using an opamp to scale my EFC voltage after the passive filter
accordingly. However I assume I could make an active lowpass filter
with a good opamp that has the proper gain to scale the EFC voltage.

I am basically going the route that James Miller went with his Simple
GPSDO project. As a first step, I wanted to use a simple passive loop
filter and a scaling amp after it that corresponds to whatever OCXO I
manage to scrounge up off eBay. As a second step, I was thinking about
implementing the loop filter digitally to achieve finer control over
the operation of the GPSDO as well realizable longer time constants.

Thanks.

John Foege