[time-nuts] Sidereal time

Neville Michie namichie at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 04:04:06 UTC 2010

It is an interesting question, we are so used to WWV and GPS with
regular time signals to synchronise clocks to mean solar time.
One method is to get a pocket calculator to identify a time in the
future when a siderial second nearly corresponds to a UTC second
and use the PPS pulse from GPS to jam a preset time into the Siderial
clock, (or start a halted clock with the correct time preset.
How long you have to wait for corresponding seconds depends on how
accurate you want it.
cheers, Neville Michie