[time-nuts] HP 10544A with dodgy output?

Bruce Griffiths bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz
Fri Jan 15 20:08:16 UTC 2010

It sounds like the dc emitter current for the output emitter follower is
too low.
Either that or the emitter follower transistor is faulty.

It is possible to damage the output emitter follower, it happened in one
that I had several decades ago.
Once the output device was replaced the OCXO functioned well.

Bruce