[time-nuts] Z3815A vs Z3816A [Z3805A]

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Mon Jan 18 11:34:48 UTC 2010

> It actually has two RS232 connections, one tat seems to function
> similar to the Z3801A/Z3816A and another which I have no clue as to
> what it does?

Some GPS units have a second serial port.  I think the idea was that you
could feed them data similar to what they now get from WAAS.  There was some
setup for distributing that info over the internet.

> Indeed, thanks Ulrich. Also GPSCon seems to support it.

I wouldn't be surprised if some minor details worked differently, but I'd
expect most of it to work correctly.  Standard use existing software stuff.