[time-nuts] Modified Total Deviation calculation

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Tue Jan 19 17:47:31 UTC 2010

John Ackermann N8UR wrote:
> I see the makings of a great project here... a standard set of routines
> for time/frequency/stability statistics.  My only request is to code
> unobfuscatedly (sp?) to make translation into other languages easier
> (e.g., I'd love a perl module with these functions, but am a complete
> schmoe at figuring out C).

Have you looked at the code? Is it cryptic?

I have no reason to make it cryptic, my drive for the current phase is
correctness and that calls for clarity. Have a look at the formulas and
associated text alongside it as well. The modified total and Hadamard
total deviations are the most picky ones so far. Running the
test-sequence for correctness-testing of implementation is a another
help, as it will hint you on errors, like looping an element too much or so.

Cheers,
Magnus