[time-nuts] Oncore UT+ and NTP configuration

Bob Camp lists at cq.nu
Thu Jan 21 23:08:33 UTC 2010

Hi

If the Oncore is indeed connected to the dirver, there's a lot of stuff in the log files that shows what it's doing. It's very obvious when it's doing it's thing.

Last time I did it:

I wired the thing up, it didn't work
I tried all the obvious stuff, it didn't work
I tried hooking up directly to the serial port with a terminal program
	I learned a lot about the terminal program
	I learned a lot about how 7.0 serial ports are a bit different than early version ports
	I fiddled this and that
	I *finally* got the terminal program to talk to the Oncore
I then fired up the NTP driver and all of a sudden it actually worked

Just where in there I fixed anything... not sure ...

Bob