[time-nuts] Rubidium Connector

Lux, Jim (337C) james.p.lux at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Jan 22 17:46:05 UTC 2010

Yes, that's probably it. Don't forget you need to order the inserts too. That coax insert is going to set you back $25-35 depending on what kind of coax and whether you need M or F. (and yow, pray you aren't using RG-142).  AND, I haven't looked to see whether the coax insert can be assembled without the fancy tool and dies.

Might be worth finding a company that does cables and having them make it for you? They'll have the tooling.

One wonders about a $100 connector on a $100 surplus Rb, too...   Maybe soldering wires to the pins of the connector might be a more "quick and dirty surplus" approach.

(Says the man who has more than once got a "great deal" on some piece of gear and then spent 3 times as much to try and hook it up, because it uses some funky connector that was cheap in comparison to the original $10,000 cost, but is pretty high compared to the $50 surplus I paid)
Jim