[time-nuts] Test Equipment

Don Latham djl at montana.com
Sun Jan 24 06:46:18 UTC 2010

> If you have the space, you could do what I do, and bolt multiple folding
> tables together with 'L'- and 'T'-shaped flat metal brackets.  The idea,
> besides adding surface area, is to dampen the tables' tendency to wobble.
> This adds a surprising amount of stability and load-bearing capacity.  It
> completely eliminates the need to add a center leg, which is otherwise
> pretty much mandatory when using folding tables.

I did this too; used 2x4 for legs and frames, 2 glued layers of particle
board for top, 4'x8'. Use lots of construction adhesive. For top shelving, I
got the put-together 18 in. deep storage shelving.
Somehow I always wind up working on the last 2-5 inches of the table anyway
:-)
I bought rolling plastic drawer assemblies at Staples that just fit under
the top battens for storage.
Remember Latham's law of horizontal surfaces (ahem)--any horizontal surface
immediately becomes covered up with crud!
Store parts in oversized tackle-type partitioned boxes, they stack, and you
can bring the needed one to the top. Tons of little drawers suck, IMHO.
$0.02
Don