[time-nuts] Conducting Bench Top Material

Neville Michie namichie at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 01:14:38 UTC 2010

No, my grandfather used to buy mechanics type magazines,
and I used to love reading them in the  50s, about the weird things
you could make.
He also passed on a little of the old world technology to me.
He was a brass founder, making things like locks and hinges etc.
In the great depression (1920) he was "locked out". (went to work to
find his place of employment closed and bankrupt). He never cast
metal again.
He went to night school and became an electrical contractor wiring
houses
as the grid became available.
Shows how the wheel goes round and new technologies replace old ones,
and the workers have to adapt.
cheers, Neville Michie