[time-nuts] DNA Decoder

Bill Hawkins bill at iaxs.net
Thu Jan 28 22:27:46 UTC 2010

What you need is a copy of "What Darwin Never Knew" from PBS.
Talks about protein building genes, switching genes to turn
protein builders on and off, and (director) genes that modulate
the switches - all within a strand of DNA.

In the brain area, there's one gene difference between a chimp
and a chicken. There's 16 between homo sap and a chimp. The
story of the genes that make our brain case bigger than an
ape's was a real surprise. <No affiliation with PBS.>

Bill Hawkins