[time-nuts] White LED's

Dr. David Kirkby david.kirkby at onetel.net
Sat Jan 30 17:39:32 UTC 2010

Chuck Harris wrote:
> I bought some of the LED replacements for Edison bulb incandescents, and
> they have an afterglow that lasts for several minutes.  It is very much
> dimmer than when they are turned on, but is there none the less.
>
> -Chuck

I got one of these so called 2D fluorescent tubes in a packet and bought it home
on the train late in the evening. The trains are electric with cables overhead.
What was strange was that the lamp was glowing dimly in the packet - I can only
assume the E field from the overhead cables for the train was the source of power.

Dave