[time-nuts] Self winding clock co. Weatern union clock

Bill Hawkins bill at iaxs.net
Sun Jan 31 23:32:59 UTC 2010

Brooke,

It's humbling to know that someone on the Internet already has
found the answer to something that puzzles me. Worse, I had a
feeling of déjà vu as I read your article.

You asked about the Type "A" pendulum in the article. I looked
to see if Google had found an answer. It had. The link is:
http://www.kensingtonclock.com/kcsadjust.htm
Look down near the bottom of the article where a figure shows the
three types - A, B, and C. There's a few paragraphs about the
striking mechanism, and then all is revealed.

Thanks for maintaining a very informative site.

Bill Hawkins

O.T.P.S. If anyone is trying to play tapes made between 1975 and
1985, and they stick so bad they won't play, look up "baking
tapes" before you destroy them. The sticking can be fixed.