[time-nuts] Parts (Mouser) for the PICTIC II

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Thu Jul 8 22:27:26 UTC 2010

Hi

The real question somebody needs to answer is - will it work with side adjust trimmers? If not, then we're going to have to find another source to get the trimmers from.

The project on Mouser shows the 3266p trimmer. AFIK the correct part is the 3266w. The board also appears to be laid out for the 3266y. Another alternative is the 3266x. All the details of what's what are at:

http://www.bourns.com/data/global/pdfs/3266.pdf

My guess is that the 3266p isn't going to work. The 3266y is even harder to get than the 3266w. The 3266x looks problematic when you go to do the adjustment

Rational solutions:

1) Jameco shows the 3266w as "ships today" in 5 K ohms. Who knows how many they actually have....
2) 3266w is available in the 2K ohm flavor at Mouser (lots in stock). If you change R16 and R23 to 1K ohms, the 2K pot should work fine.  That makes them the same value as R5 and R6. One fewer line item ...

I'd vote for option 2.

Bob