[time-nuts] GPS Timing Source -- looking at buying

Chris H timenuts at archnetnz.com
Fri Jul 9 07:10:27 UTC 2010

I might go for the Garmin one to start with, and see how it all works..
and then move up to a more reliable source of timing source in the
future...

When you say Reliable, what exactly do you all mean---
does it loose time?
Does it loose lock to the satellites?
because it's only millisecond accurate, is that your concerns....

Please correct me if I am wrong:

If it's pulsing every second, and that second is generated by the lock
to the satellite, then should it not be as accurate as the device that
it's getting it's lock from?

(Sorry I am new to all this)